Saturday, March 17, 2012

100th Day of School!


One of the many ways 1st grade celebrates the 100th day of school is by making a bulletin board! The week before the 100th day of school, for homework students are asked to bring in 100 small items in a pre-labeled plastic bag. The students are asked to count their items by 2's, 5's and 10's before placing them in the bag. It is fun to see what the students choose to bring in (this year we had 1 student bring in 100 ml of water!). This is one of my favorite bulletin boards I put up all year!

2 comments:

  1. That is a fun way to share what the kiddos bring.

    I am your newest follower and would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. I am a 1st grade teacher too! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower! I'm new to the blogging world and I'm trying to get my blog started. I really enjoyed your post about classroom management. That book is on my list to read this summer! Again, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete